The leadership of Riverside has made the decision for us to discontinue gathering in the sanctuary for worship. Effective immediately all gatherings at the church are postponed until further notice.
To address the continuing spiritual and fellowship needs during this time of uncertainty, we are providing online outreach.
Beginning Sunday, March 22, we offer online Sunday services hosted by Rev. Nick. Sunday services include a video of our Sunday morning service as well as the bulletin posted for you to follow along at home. Visit the online services page for additional information on how to join these services.
- Sunday service for April 5, 2020 – Palm Sunday
- Sunday service for March 29, 2020
- Sunday service for March 22, 2020
We also offer online fellowship and Bible study to connect with each other during this time of social distancing. Go to the online community page for information on options for connecting with the Riverside community.
Additional information about Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Sustained community spread of respiratory illness caused by the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) is occurring globally. Some countries have widespread sustained spread.
Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions are at increased risk for severe disease and should consider postponing nonessential travel.
Use your head — Slow the spread
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid contact with sick people
- If you are sick, stay home and call your health care provider
- Practice social distancing — keep distance between yourself and others and avoid crowds
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Resources & Information
- Call the Hunger Lifeline for personalized recommendations to community food resources over the phone: 202-644-9807 (Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm).
- Search for any of the services in food, healthcare, housing, job training and more. If you do not know your zip code, you can quickly find it here www.whatismyzip.com by entering your address.
- COVID-19 in the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
- Coronavirus advisory information
- World Health Organization