Call to Worship
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty firmament!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his surpassing greatness!
Praise him with trumpet sound;Psalm 150
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with clanging cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!
Songs of Praise
Open the Eyes of My Heart
As We Gather
Welcome and Announcements
See below for the announcements for this week.
The Peace of Christ
O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer’s praise, the glories of my God and King, the triumphs of God’s grace!
Jesus! the name that charms our fears, that bids our sorrows cease, ’tis music in the sinner’s ears, ’tis life and health and peace.
Response – We Give Thee But Thine Own
We give thee but thine own whate’er the gift may be
All that we have is thine alone, a trust oh Lord from thee. Amen.
Prayer of Thanks
Colossians 1:11-20 – Selected and read by Deacon Laurel Eierman
- May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, so that you may have all endurance and patience, joyfully
- giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.
- He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son,
- in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
- He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation,
- for in him all things in heaven and on earth were created, things visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or powers—all things have been created through him and for him.
- He himself is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- He is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might come to have first place in everything.
- For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
- and through him God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through the blood of his cross.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our God, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory, forever.
- On the way to Jerusalem Jesus was going through the region between Samaria and Galilee.
- As he entered a village, ten men with a skin disease approached him. Keeping their distance,
- they called out, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”
- When he saw them, he said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were made clean.
- Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice.
- He prostrated himself at Jesus’s feet and thanked him. And he was a Samaritan.
- Then Jesus asked, “Were not ten made clean? So where are the other nine?
- Did none of them return to give glory to God except this foreigner?”
- Then he said to him, “Get up and go on your way; your faith has made you well.”
Shifting to Gratitude – Rev. Mia M. McClain
I Love the Lord
Marching in the Light of God
In the Life of the Church
At Riverside Baptist Church, our one law is love of God and neighbor. In this diverse community, we celebrate all identities, orientations, gender equality, and racial diversity. We draw the circle of God’s love large here. Whoever you are and wherever you are on the journey, you are included.
If you’d like to receive our weekly email newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be live-streaming the service. A recording of the service will be available on the website later for those who are not able to be here in person.
Visitors – Please go here to let us know you were with us today. This link will also allow you to request contact from the deacons and to add your contact information to our database. If you’d like to receive our weekly email newsletter, please email email@example.com.
Out of concern for the safety of your neighbors we ask you to please continue wearing masks at all times, including during our times of praise and singing. We appreciate your cooperation.
Riverside launches their Protein Pantry December 11, 2022. The church will host a food pantry to help combat food insecurity on the second Sunday every month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm following worship service. Donations of proteins such as canned meats, beans are distributed to those in need. Foods requiring refrigeration are accepted the day of distribution.
Pray For: Terryn Nelson and her sister, Rachelle Nelson, niece and nephew Cecilly and Hasaan, and family friend Robert Napson; Lynda Gyles’s aunt, Heidi DeVaugh; Freda White’s brother Alphonso H. Bowers, Jr., and the Bowers and White families; Terri Battle and her mother, Claudia Green; Karl Maxwell and his brother, Kenneth Maxwell; Edward Harris’s mother, Ruth Harris; Edith Booker; Annie Abbott; Tanya Bethel and her mother, Ruby McCrary; Gale Miller’s mother, Marian Miller; Lillie Ransom’s sister Teriea and her husband, Jerry; Sheba Greene’s daughter Donna; Dr. Bledsoe’s mother, Peggy Bledsoe